- Intrudction on sorting
- Simple sorting of strings (sorting a list or array of "naturally sortable" objects)
- The Comparable interface, used to dictate the "natural sort order" of objects
- The false economy of compreTo optimisations
- Comparators, used to dicate the sort order for a particular sort, or for classes whose sort order can't otherwise be specified.
- An analysis of Java's sort algorithm, including a look at its performance.
Saturday, August 9, 2008
New section on sorting
A new section on sorting has been added to the Java Collections section of the web site. The section currently contains information on: